If you’re interested in an ever changing, fast paced and rewarding environment then this is the place for you.
Why it’s great to work here
Our customers and job sites span the interior of BC and a region greater than 200,000 square kilometers of beautiful lakes, valleys, mountains and desert. Our Team at Care Systems has a unique and exciting opportunity to grow and expand new skills as we continue to innovate and transform how buildings operate around BC. With each building comes unique challenges and opportunities!
At Care Systems, we recognize that our greatest asset is our staff and believe in ongoing support and investment through the following programs to promote the health and enjoyment of our team members and their families.
- Competitive Wages
- Life Insurance
- Group RRSP with Company Matching
- Career Development
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Plan
We are a well-established heating, ventilation, air conditioning and controls company who provides service to commercial customers throughout Western Canada. Our centers for operations are located in Vernon and Kamloops, British Columbia.
We have an immediate opening for a 2nd or 3rd year Apprentice Electrician in our Vernon Division. If you are an individual who is comfortable working in a dynamic team environment, who is willing to learn new skills and who is motivated to provide excellent service to our customers, we need to hear from you!
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong electrical aptitude
- Great interpersonal skills
- Motivated team player and an interest in growing with our company
- Competitive wages, extended health and dental benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing program
- Opportunities for Advancement & Associated Training.
- Opportunity to work with a variety of customers and provide a range of services such as:
- Mechanical Maintenance
- DDC Controls Installation and service
- Turn-Key and Design-Build Projects
- Advanced Energy Management
Care Systems Services Ltd. (CSSL) has a great opportunity for a self-motivated and dedicated individual with experience
in building operations and an interest in making a difference in the BC Interior.
As an Estimator, you will be an integrate part of the Care Systems team and take a collaborative approach to delivering
results through the strong relationships building. Your primary focus will be to provide accurate estimating and
subcontractor costing from the budgeting and estimating stage through to contract award. You will have a chance to
help communities in a new way as you provide customers with products and services that improve the efficiency and
energy consumption of their commercial buildings. Your day-to-day duties would include scope definition and
clarification, preconstruction planning, control estimate development and delivery, preparation of preliminary budgets, cost plans and value engineering opportunities.
Estimator Job Duties:
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Estimator Skills and Qualifications:
- Analyzing Information , Estimating, Planning, Reporting Research Results, Data Center Experience, Strategic
Planning, Attention to Detail, Informing Others, Requirements Analysis
- Journeyman Mechanical or Electrical certificate an asset
- Computer knowledge
- Controls background preferred
- Low voltage control and wiring experience an asset
- Experience with Estimating programs experience. (Bid Tracer, Quick pen Quote Soft, Accubid, Quickpen)
- Knowledge in Spec's, Tender Documents and blueprint reading
- Knowledge of Mechanical equipment eg. Chillers, boilers, VAV, fan boxes, controls, etc...
- Able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Good Communication Skills